ISO B Quick Couplings
ISO B quick release couplings are quick-release couplings that meet the dimensional requirements of the B series of ISO 7241:2023, which standardizes the dimensional requirements for ball lock quick-release couplings, making them interchangeable between different brands and manufacturers. B series quick-release couplings are used in a wider range of applications and with a wider range of materials than A series couplings and are commonly used in Agricultural and forestry machinery, mobile equipment, and construction machinery. They are also used in a variety of electrical tools, such as carpet extractors and so on.
What is ISO B Quick Coupling?
ISO B quick couplings are a type of general-purpose, quick-release coupling used in various applications, primarily for hydraulic lines. They’re standardized by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in the ISO 7241-1 Series B specification.
- Simple and quick connect/disconnect mechanism: This allows for easy and efficient connection and disconnection of hoses and other fluid lines, even under pressure.
- Interchangeable: ISO B couplings are designed to be interchangeable with other couplings of the same series and size, regardless of the manufacturer.
- Durable: Typically made from steel or brass, they can withstand harsh operating conditions and pressures up to 400 bar (depending on the specific model).
- Wide range of applications: They’re suitable for various fluids, including hydraulic oils, water, air, and some chemicals. Common applications include construction equipment, agricultural machinery, industrial tools, and transportation vehicles.
Things to consider
- Size: ISO B couplings come in various sizes, typically ranging from 1/4 inch to 1 inch. Choose the size that matches your hose or pipe diameter.
- Material: Steel is the most common material for durability, but brass might be preferred for water applications or where weight is a concern.
- Pressure rating: Ensure the coupling’s pressure rating meets the maximum operating pressure of your system.
- Temperature range: Most ISO B couplings have a temperature range of -20°C to +180°C, but check the specific model’s specifications.